:

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Beyonce gets BillBoards WOTY award + Solange covers HONEY mag!



A few months ago, Billboard announced that the award winning wongstress (Beyonce Knowles) would recieve the coveted Woman Of The Year Award.

Billboards 4th Annual Women In Music event finally took place on October 2nd, in NYC. Bee arrived looking happy and cute in her ll light blue dress!Small recap of the event below:

Werde then introduced Billboard’s 2009 Woman of the Year recipient. “It is theoretically possible someone on some other planet had a better year than Beyonce,” he quipped. “But I’m not buying it.”

“It’s obvious how classy she is,” Werde said as he introduced Beyonce, who was accompanied by her mother and father, Matthew and Tina Knowles, and Michelle Williams from Destiny’s Child. Beyonce accepted the award, remarking “I am the luckiest woman in the world.”

Beyonce then took the hot seat alongside radio personality and Oprah’s best friend Gayle King, for a Q&A during which she was probed about her relationship with husband Jay-Z, her position as a role model for young women, and her goals for the future. “I really want to win an Oscar,” she revealed. [Source]






Bee's lil sister Solange Knowles, is looking fab in her photoshoot & feature in 'Honey Magazines' latest issue! Solo speaks on her alleged romance with up and coming rapper Wale, Fashion & Music! Peep a lil snippet below

On her Parents:
It’s interesting that people think that my dad is the one who’s all strict. They build up quite a character with that guy, and at the end of the day it’s my mom who’s going to give you the neck roll.

On her new album:
It was definitely a concept record. I was really inspired by the ’60s and ’70s sound, mixed with electronic sounds and how to mash those together. With this record I am experimenting more with a really interesting mix of music. My describing it probably sounds crazy but I’m kind of working with tribal, Native American drums and mashing them with weird ’80s and blues.

On if she’s dating rapper Wale:
Well, he’s definitely not my boyfriend, but we are good friends. I have worked with him in the past and I think he’s uber-talented. I think he’s really smart and really creative. And I respect his art. We have a mutual thing. We’re on the same record label and yeah…[Source]




0 comments:

Post a Comment