:

Saturday 5 September 2009

Another Young Money Signing PT.2

Introducing Nicki Minaj - The First Lady!



After much hard work and grinding in the rap game; on August 31st the label broke the news that Nicki Minaj was officially signed to YOUNG MONEY/UNIVERSAL. It was her latest mix tape 'Beam Me Up Scotty' that got her the most recognition. With heavy hitters like: Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Gucci Maine & fellow label mate Drake featuring on her mixtape, it was only a matter of time before Wayne made it official!

"I am honored to have Nicki Minaj as Young Money's First Lady,” Lil Wayne said in a press release. “She is a star."
As expected, Nicki was also thrilled about the deal. "To say I'm excited would be an understatement. It's validation. It's proof. It's empowerment. I represent every little girl in a hood near you,” Nicki Minaj stated. “To everyone that supported me two years ago when I was on underground mix-tapes and DVDs and to the people that only caught on two weeks ago, I say thank you. Be proud of yourself. You've given girls all around the world the permission to change the face of female rap."

To me it's refreshing to see female rap coming back HARD! Nicki's like a mix between Lil Kim & Trina (flow wise), and I'm defo feeling her delivery on the video below! If you would like to download any of her mixtapes just google her name, and a few links come up. WE WISH HER THE BEST!

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/NICKIMINAJ



0 comments:

Post a Comment