:

Friday 4 September 2009

Interview Round Up!




Actor/Singer/Songwriter AND Comedian Jamie Foxx, recalls being drugged back in his college days, with hallucinogenic drug PCP! He explains despite making a full recovery, the Ray star suffered severe flashbacks for months, leaving him terrified and paranoid. and speaks about it in his latest interview!

“I was drinking whiskey and it didn’t taste funny, so I had no idea. It took about 15 minutes and I knew something was wrong. I said to my roommate, ‘Something is going on, and I don’t know what it is, but I’m going to ride it out.

“That was the last thing I said, and then I was almost in a coma and I couldn’t move, couldn’t talk, couldn’t even say, ‘Take me to a hospital.’ My friend could see something was badly wrong and he took me to the emergency room.

“(He) stayed with me. Then he took me back to the dorm and I was afraid of the dark and he would talk to me every night and calm me down and say stuff like, ‘You’re Ok, the demons aren’t real.’ He saved my life.”

It was only after the event that Foxx found out Pcp - a hallucinogenic which prevents the body and brain working in sync - stays in the body forever, and he still fears haunting flashbacks more than 20 years later.

He adds, “I read up on Pcp after it happened. It leaves a fingerprint and you can’t get it out of your system. It happened to me when I was 18 and I had 11-months of harsh flashbacks, and then when I was 26, and another when I was 32, and that was the last one. But I always worry about it coming back. You’re afraid of the dark, afraid of things you see on television, you feel that things are coming at you. I felt paranoid, and paranoia is craziness. It’s not good.”

Interview Source

DAMN. That drug really is not a joke, all of my party goers PLEAS PLEASE be careful when drinking!



Oprah has recently responded to Chris Brown comments in "People". He state that he felt kinda played when Oprah automatically took Rihanna's side. This is what Chris previously said:

“I commend Oprah on being like, ‘This is a problem,’ but it was a slap in my face. I did a lot of stuff for her, like going to Africa and performing for her school. She could have been more helpful, like, ‘Okay, I’m going to help both of these people out.’”

And Oprah’s rep responded with:

Oprah is very appreciative that Chris Brown performed at her school but she takes domestic abuse very seriously. She hopes he gets the counseling he needs.”

Well....... Alright then!

Jay-Z recently sat down with Oprah for the new issue of 'O' magazine for an interview! The issue isn't out yet, but here are the highlights below:


On why he was the one from his neighbourhood to succeed

Oprah: Many of the little boys who grew up in the Marcy projects are either in jail or dead. Why do you think you got to grow up and buy your mom a house?

Jay-Z: There’s the gift, there’s the spirit, and there’s the work—all three have to come together. If one of those things is off, it can stop you from becoming who you were meant to be.


On Using the 'N' word

Oprah:
When I met you a few years ago, we discussed our disagreement over the use of the N word and misogynist lyrics in rap music. Do you believe that using the N word is necessary?

Jay-Z: Nothing is necessary. It’s just become part of the way we communicate. My generation hasn’t had the same experience with that word that generations of people before us had. We weren’t so close to the pain. So in our way, we disarmed the word. We took the fire pin out of the grenade.


Jay-Z on the wedding

Oprah: Do you and BeyoncĂ© have a pact that you just won’t talk about each other?

Jay-Z: Yeah. When you’re a public person, you have to keep some things to yourself, or else people will just—

Oprah: Eat it up. I know. But can I ask how in the world you kept your wedding a secret?

Jay-Z: Late planning!

Oprah: How many people knew?

Jay-Z: Very few. The sad part is that we offended some. But people who love you understand. Because at the end of the day, it’s your day.

Oprah: So here we are, talking on a Sunday afternoon. If you weren’t sitting here with me, what would you be doing?

Jay-Z: I’m gonna get killed for this, but I’ll tell you anyway. There’s a great pizza spot we go to every Sunday. It’s our tradition. It’s a small place in Brooklyn

, you can bring your own wine, and there are candlesthere. It’s a nice date.

JAY is also in LONDON on the 17TH!!! MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR TICKETS FAST, OR FIND OUT MORE INFO!


ALL pic sources: bossip/popsugar/google







0 comments:

Post a Comment